Find a Deck Contractor Near Me to Add Value to Your Home
Here at Structurally Speaking, we’ll build a custom deck your family will love. Additionally, a deck makes financial sense as well. With the help of a high-quality deck contractor near me, you can actually increase your home’s value.
How Much Can a Deck Builder Increase Your Home’s Value?
Most home renovation projects can increase your home’s value. This is known as the return on investment, or ROI. Many home projects have a 20% – 50% ROI. If your home renovation costs $5000 and has a 50% ROI for example, you can expect your home’s value to increase by $2500.
Custom decks and other outdoor living spaces have a much higher ROI than most home projects. The exact ROI depends on a number of factors, such as:
- Deck size
- Decking material
- Features (such as hot tubs, outdoor kitchens, etc.)
- Deck quality
These factors also dictate the cost of your new deck, so we can talk about ROI when we discuss your budget.
On average, homeowners see an ROI of 80% for deck projects. Some homeowners could even see a full return on investment, which means that your home value increases by as much as you spend on the new deck or even more than you spend. Even at an 80% ROI, this is higher than bathroom remodels, or family room additions, which are two other high-value home renovation projects.
How Your Deck Contractor Near Me Can Help You Achieve a Higher ROI
If ROI is important to you, a custom deck is the way to go. Here at Structurally Speaking, our team builds beautiful decks that perfectly accent your home’s style. They look like they are part of your home, not tacked on.
Here are a few other tips to help you get the biggest return on investment with your deck project:
- Chose a quality wood option as your decking material. Wood typically has a 15% to 20% higher return on investment as compared to composite. We offer both pressure-treated pine and cedar, as well as exotic hardwoods.
- Build a bigger deck if it works with the size of your yard. You still want to have ample backyard space, but a bigger deck will typically be more valuable.
- Make sure your deck is easy to access. While a master bedroom deck might appeal to you, most people would rather have a deck off the kitchen or living room. If you love the idea of a more private deck, we can always build a two-story deck with multiple areas to enjoy.
The most important factor is that you have a high-quality deck in good condition. You can find tips to help you hire the best deck builders in this article. We’d love to speak with you more about your deck project. If you choose our deck builder team, we’ll walk you through the design process to help you get a deck you love with a high ROI.
Home Value: It’s About More than Selling
Usually, we talk about your home’s value in relation to selling. However, increasing your home’s value is important even if you don’t intend to sell anytime soon. Simply put, a higher home value can help you if you even want to apply for a home equity loan or line of credit.
Both home equity loans and lines of credit are typically based on the total value of your home. With a deck or other outdoor living space, your home’s value will increase. So, if you ever want to pursue a home equity loan or line of credit, you’ll qualify for a higher amount.
Additionally, if you have a newer mortgage, you may need to pay for mortgage insurance. So, a deck can help you lower your monthly mortgage payments in some cases.
FAQs About Hiring a Deck Builder Near Me
As you research your options for a deck contractor near me for your new deck, you might have a few questions. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions we hear, but feel free to contact us if you have more specific questions.
How do I find the right deck builder near me for my deck?
When hiring any contractor, you want to look for a combination of experience and skill. Additionally, it is important to ensure that they build the kind of decks you like best. Some great deck builders out there simply may not fit your style. That’s why we choose to design a custom deck for every client; we want your deck to be perfect for your needs. You can see our full gallery here to look at the decks we’ve created for past clients.
What should I ask a deck contractor before hiring them?
Ask many questions to make sure you are comfortable with the team you hire. At the very least, you should ask the following:
- Is your price quote the actual cost or will it potentially increase during construction?
- Do you have valid insurance in North Carolina?
- What is the timeline estimate for this deck project?
- Do you have an in-house team of builders or do you work with subcontractors?
- Where can I read online reviews of your work?
- What kind of decking materials do you offer?
- Do you take care of getting the proper permits needed for deck construction?
- Is the cost of clean-up/dumpster rental included in your price quote?
- Will there be a supervisor on site during construction?
We’d love to answer any questions you have. Click here to contact us for a free consultation, so we can review your budget, timelines, and what you want from a new outdoor living space.