You’ll Love Custom Options from Local Sunroom Contractors
When hiring local sunroom contractors, it’s important to find a company that matches your specific style. Here at Structurally Speaking, we focus on custom outdoor living spaces designed to match your home’s style specifically. Instead of an out-of-the-box solution, we build decks, porches, and sunrooms to fit your exact needs. Is a custom sunroom right for you? Here’s what you can expect when you choose to go the custom route!
Customized Sunrooms: The Design Process
First and foremost, building a custom sunroom does take a little longer than slapping a generic extra room onto the back or side of your house. We want your new sunroom to look like it is part of the original structure, along with meeting your needs.
When we work with clients, we start with a free consultation. During this initial meeting, we’ll talk about the following:
- Your budget – we want to ensure we stay in a price range where you feel comfortable
- How you want to use the space and whether a sunroom is the best option (as opposed to a deck, screened porch, or three-season porch)
- The size of space you have available for a sunroom, which depends on your lot, as well as if we are building a sunroom from scratch or enclosing an existing porch/deck
- Special features you want for your sunroom, such as a fireplace or access to a hot tub deck
- The position of the sunroom, so we can maximize your views of sunrises or sunsets
- Heating and cooling options for your sunroom so you can use the space all year long
- Your preferences for colors, flooring, and other finishes
If you aren’t sure what you want, don’t worry. Structurally Speaking’s owner, Jim, personally meets with every client for this consultation. He has decades of design experience and will guide you through questions to figure out the best option for your new sunroom.
Designing and Building the Sunroom of Your Dreams
After your initial consultation, Jim will get started designing options for your new sunroom. During a design presentation, you’ll see at least two sunroom designs, which Jim draws to scale and shows multiple views. This allows you to visualize how the finished sunroom will look.
We don’t start the building process until you are completely happy with the design. We’ll make tweaks so you love your new indoor/outdoor living space. The best part of building a custom sunroom is that you are in control of every feature. Check out our portfolio for just a small sample of the sunrooms we’ve built in the past. Each one is unique because each client is unique.
Once you’ve fallen in love with your sunroom design, we’ll start building it. The construction timeline depends on several factors, including the time of year, the weather, and the scope of the project. However, we always give you a realistic timeline so you know what to expect. We’ll show up on schedule, and Jim oversees our in-house team of builders. It’s extremely important to us that we bring your sunroom to life instead of relying on a third party subcontractor to try to translate the design from page to reality.
Sunroom Designs We Love
When you work with a custom sunroom contractor like Structurally Speaking, you get to add design features to create the sunroom of your dreams. Here are a few design options that we love:
- Multi-level or second-story sunrooms – this is a gorgeous option if you want a sunroom you can easily access from your bedroom.
- Sunroom/deck combinations – this allows you to enjoy the outdoors all year in your sunroom, but also enjoy the open air when the weather is nice.
- Front-yard sunrooms – depending on the position of your home and your desired look, a sunroom on the front of your home, rather than the back or side, might be a great choice.
Keep in mind that we also have a wide range of material options for you, so you can completely customize the look of your sunroom. We can help make recommendations based on how you plan to use the space and your existing home.
FAQs About Working with Local Sunroom Contractors
When you work with local sunroom contractors, instead of large brands, you get personalized attention. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about your new sunroom. Here are a few commonly asked questions we get from our clients:
Can you build a sunroom on an existing deck?
In some cases, yes. It depends on the deck. We can inspect your deck to see if it is appropriate for this purpose. However, in many cases, the better option is to remove the old deck. Keep in mind that we are adding a lot of weight to a deck, since we are adding walls and a room. So, it is not always possible to build on top of a deck. Most sunroom projects require building permits, which ensure the project is structurally sound. The good news? We’ll handle getting permits for you whenever needed.
What will a custom sunroom cost?
The cost of your new sunroom will depend on several factors, such as the materials you choose and the size of the room. However, we talk about your budget early and often. We work with homeowners on projects big and small, so click here to contact us for your free initial consultation. We can speak about budget at that point to ensure you’re comfortable with the price of your new gorgeous living space.