Deck and Patio Builders – What you Need to Know Before Hiring One
In North Carolina, the weather allows for a great deal of enjoyable time in an outdoor space. That is why many homeowners are seeking decking contractors to build them an outside living space. However, before jumping into that endeavor, there are important questions to consider. First, you need to understand what affects the building cost. Second, you must know what you should expect from deck and patio builders in the Triangle area of NC.
What Affects the Cost of Building a Deck or Patio?
A custom deck design has many options. They can be as simple or detailed as a customer wants. Of course, the simplest is the most cost-efficient, yet may not have everything you desire. So, here are a few factors that affect the cost of building a deck or patio.
- Size – Square footage is a big factor in the cost. The smaller the area the less materials and labor needed. As the deck or patio design grows in size, so does the amount of materials and labor time.
- Material – Decking and patio materials vary. Options include natural wood, pressure-treated wood, and plastics and composites.
- Natural wood – Typically cheaper than composite but requires more maintenance. Additionally, wood needs weatherproofing and sometimes staining. Yet, it is a popular choice because of its beauty. Moreover, there are multiple wood types to choose, such as, Bamboo, Redwood and Tigerwood.
- Pressure-treated wood – This material is affordable and durable. The chemical in this wood deters insects from attacking it. A new oil-based sealant coats this treated wood to protect humans from the chemical.
- Plastics and composites – These are the most-costly choices. However, this material needs much less maintenance, so it can save money in the future. These materials come in various colors and there are grain designs that replicate the look of natural wood.
- Stairs and rails – Cost also depends on the height of the deck. For example, how many stairs you require and the length of the railing determines the cost. Railing materials are available in composite, wood, or stainless and aluminum. The costs vary according to brand and style.
- Add-ons – For homeowners that want to take their deck or patio designs to the next level, there are add-ons. Bench seating, pergolas and planters are all options to consider. Yet, these add-ons are beautiful and add functionality to a custom deck.
Look for these in Deck and Patio Builders in the Triangle
- Professionalism – These contractors must provide clients with the absolute best in service, originality and functionality in every project.
- Experience –Structurally Speaking’s owner has nearly two decades of outdoor living space designing and building experience in the Raleigh area.
- Consultation – Providing clients a chance to voice their wants and needs is vital. Moreover, your contractor must take this information and incorporate it in the project. This is also the perfect time to discuss budget.
- Design options – You want to have choices in decking styles. For example, hot tub decks are a popular option in North Carolina. In addition, it is important to have options when choosing decking materials.
- Project follow-through – Structurally Speaking treats each project with a sense of priority and completes them in an appropriate timeframe. You will not feel like just another job number.
- Honesty – A thorough review of your budget and pricing is important to discuss at the initial consultation. Thus, you will have an honest and realistic idea of what to expect as your final cost. In addition, you should not have any surprises or hidden fees.
- Great customer service – When hiring someone for custom decking, you need your contractor to hear and address your questions and concerns. Moreover, you deserve to know what is happening at each step of the project. Communication is vital during a large project.
Structurally Speaking Equals Outdoor Living Space
It is clear, upon reviewing these traits, that Structurally Speaking in the Raleigh-Durham area fulfills all of the requirements. When you hire Structurally Speaking to create your custom deck or patio, you will receive only the best. In fact, they embody all of the above qualities needed in decking contractors. But, they also promote a work ethic that includes quality, trustworthy values. They share your dream of an outdoor living space and they will go above-and-beyond to make it come to life.
Their simple design and build process gives you a clear understanding of what to expect with your outdoor space project. For more information on a price estimate, just fill out the contact form, email, or call them at 919-786-4825. Let the deck and patio builders at Structurally Speaking make your custom deck or patio dreams a reality.