Let’s face it: the last few months have been an adjustment for all of us. Moreover, none of us are really sure when things will get back to normal. Spending more time at home has its ups and downs. The adjustment has certainly been difficult. But underneath that is the opportunity for us to all spend more time at home and connect with family. One of the most challenging aspects of this situation is that we might be spending a little too much time together. After all, none of us expected this, so we probably aren’t prepared for these challenges. A lack of space, feeling cramped up can get on anyone’s nerves. So, why not make things better by adding some very usable space to your home? A 3 season room from Structurally Speaking might be just the solution you’re looking for! This addition allows your family to enjoy the outdoors without worrying about pests or weather. And what better time to add some square footage to your home? It will add significantly to the value of your home when the time comes to sell it. And in the meantime, your whole family can have an extra room in which to stretch out and relax. So, check out the many benefits of a 3 season room below.
What is a 3 Season Room Anyway?
You may not have heard the term 3 season room before. Chances are you may have heard it by a different name. Often, they are called a screened porch. But the concept is still the same. It refers to a room of a house that can be enjoyed in all but the coldest days of winter. The three season name refers to the rest of the year, when you can make use of this extra space.
Unlike a traditional sunroom, a 3 season porch is meant to blend the best of the outdoors and the indoors. It creates a new living space for your entire family. A 3 season room has a roof and an enclosure but often has screening or windows meant to let the outside in. But it can offer all the comforts and amenities of a living room, like the one you already have. However, it lets homeowners enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. Best of all, this enjoyment comes without getting soaked by rain thanks to the ceiling or chased off by pests and insects. In fact, some of these rooms can even have a heating element to keep homeowners comfortable when it gets a little cooler. Plus, they can be combined with a patio or a deck for a tremendous outdoor living experience. Often, the door to a 3 season room can lead right out into these areas.
The Center for Outdoor Living
A three season room has many benefits. In fact, a three season room is one of the best additions you can make to your home. The primary reason is because they are so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. To start, these rooms can add extra living space for your family. So, they can be the center of activity. Best of all, they can be customized to suit your family’s specific interests. Add the elements you want to make it the center of fun for the whole family. And Structurally Speaking believes your home should be as unique as your family is.
Maybe your family is one that likes spending time individually on phones, computers, and other devices. Wouldn’t it be great to at least all be in the same room while you do it? You can enjoy the best of both worlds by watching the trees rustle in the wind. Maybe your family likes playing board games or video games together. An addition can be the center of this activity with a TV and all the games ready to be enjoyed. Or, maybe your family can’t get enough of the outdoors. A three-season room pairs perfectly with a deck or patio for a new center for outdoor living. Imagine being able to hang out together, play some games, and enjoy the outdoors. Plus, a 3 season room can even be used as a dining area. So, you can cook something on the grill and then enjoy the meal without being overrun by flies or mosquitoes.
Benefits of a 3 Season Porch
No matter what kind of experience your family enjoys, Structurally Speaking can help. They will work with you on ideas and budget to create the porch of your dreams. And with a 3 season porch from Structurally Speaking, the value can be more than just aesthetic. Check out some of the many benefits:
· Added Value—screened porches are incredibly attractive to potential homebuyers. Check out more on how porches can add value to your home below.
· Comfort—experience the outdoors without sacrificing any of the comforts of modern life. You can enjoy a nice breeze while relaxing on a comfortable couch for the best of both worlds.
· Quality of Life—host parties, game nights, host your kids’ friends, and more. Whatever your family enjoys, a porch can be the perfect setting.
· Extra Living Space—far more than just attractive, porches can add functional space. They can be perfect for a family room, TV room, game room, or much more. Not much room to entertain during holidays or family celebrations? This additional space may be the solution!
Add Value to Your Home
Adding some extra space to your home has probably never been more attractive than it is right now. But it also has never made more sense financially either. To start, a three season porch adds a lot to the curb appeal and aesthetic value of a home. But they do far more than just serve as eye candy. They also add significant value to the price of a home. In fact, a three-season porch is one of the things that may set your house apart from the competition. And it’s not difficult to see why.
Often, square footage is king. Especially when it comes to families. And porches add extra space but also a very valuable kind of living space that most homes don’t have. A high-quality porch with screen enclosure from Structurally Speaking can give your home the edge over other houses on the market. Plus, that investment now will certainly pay off later. Did you know that porches and decks recoup as much as 84% of their installation costs? That makes them one of the most worthwhile additions you can make to your home. Plus, it makes it easy to justify the purchase. You can enjoy it now as an extra living space and as an improvement to quality of life. Plus, a three seasons room can let in tons of natural light and ambience. Then, when it’s time to sell your house, you can get most of that money back.
Look through their gallery to see some of the recent projects they have completed for happy clients in the Triangle area. Depending upon the clients’ wishes and the style of the home, each unique project complements the property in both design and materials. From 3 season rooms to hot tub decks, Structurally Speaking will provide your family with an additional space to enjoy. It will blend in with your home’s style, whether that means creating a vaulted ceiling or a matching roof line.
Experience You Can Trust
Structurally Speaking was born out of a desire to provide Triangle-area homeowners with top-quality home additions. In 1999, owner Jim Brennan was working for the Raleigh division of the largest deck and porch builder in the United States. In that time, he distinguished himself as one of the area’s top designers and builders. During this time, Jim also learned that the customer comes first. He used this important ideal as the backbone when he formed Structurally Speaking in 2008. That’s why Structurally Speaking offers:
· A Personalized Approach—every customer’s home is different. So are their styles. That’s why Structurally Speaking believes in customizing every project to match its owner. For example, a porch that’s right for one family might be totally wrong for another. They will work hard to bring that vision to life to improve the quality of living for your whole family.
· Fair and Competitive Pricing—of course, businesses need to make money. But Structurally Speaking believes in doing it the right way. That’s why they treat customers fairly and provide quality services. You work hard for your money, and they do too.
· Friendly Financing Options—saving for a project like this can be difficult. But there’s no time like the present to enjoy the outdoors. Structurally Speaking has worked with many customers on financing options for a new deck or porch. Just give them a call to find out about the options available to you.
A Proven Process
Structurally Speaking doesn’t believe that home additions have to be stressful. In fact, they think it should be fun and enjoyable. That’s why they use a three-step process that ensures every project comes out perfectly. Check out these steps below:
1. Initial Consultation—every project starts with a free, no-obligation consultation with owner Jim Brennan. Jim insists on meeting every client personally in order to determine their personal needs and interests. Jim will ask a series of questions to uncover your specific functional and aesthetic goals. At the same time, Structurally Speaking will take extensive photographs and measurements as well as a physical survey of your yard. Last but not least, they will discuss budget.
2. Design Presentation—after an initial consultation comes the design presentation. This is often one of the most fun and most exciting steps. During the presentation, Structurally Speaking will use leading technology to help you visualize the project. In addition, they offer a number of options, so you have a choice. All recommendations and options will be customized specifically for your home and vision. This way, clients can choose exactly what they want. This presentation even includes scaled drawings showing all elevations and viewpoints. So, you walk away with a very accurate idea of what is to come.
3. Project Construction—only after you’re ready does construction begin. Right from the beginning, Structurally Speaking will make sure it is as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. So how do they accomplish this? To start, they believe in being thorough, respectful, and attentive throughout the entire project. Plus, they minimize intrusion so your family can carry on with your normal, everyday life. They can even help with documents, permits, and other documents required by homeowner associations and your local authorities.
Free Quotes Available Today
No matter where you are in your planning, a free quote is key. That’s why the experts at Structurally Speaking offer free, no-obligation quotes to all customers. They know that budget plays a major part in planning for a home addition. However, it can be tough to provide the final cost for such dynamic projects. That’s why they will come to survey your land and consider the total project before they give you the final cost you can count on.
For example, a simple porch or deck in a typical yard may be at the low end of the price range. However, a multi-level deck with luxury features like a hot tub and television will likely be more expensive. But that’s not all that can impact cost. Everything from features to materials can also have a big impact. That’s why they make it easy to get this information through their simple contact form. They will get back to you within 48 hours with a free, no-obligation consultation with the owner of the company.
Don’t let this unique situation go to waste. Make the most of your time together with a custom porch or deck. Prefer a sunroom? They can help with that too. But why trust just anyone to do it? Structurally Speaking has more than a decade of experience helping Triangle-area families with porches and decks of their dreams. If you’re in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Wake Forest, Apex, Hillsborough, Holly Springs, or beyond, they can help.
So, give them a call today at 919-786-4825 to talk to an expert.